Meeting minutes of all meetings of Council as well as approved ordinances and resolutions are maintained by the Town Clerk. All of these records are public records and open to inspection.
- Administer Business License Program
- Administer Local Tax Programs (Admissions, Cigarette Stamp, Lodging and Meals)
- Coordinate Council Appointments to Authorities, Boards and Commissions (ABCs)
- Coordinate Events and Daily Activities for Town Council Members
- Coordinate Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requests
- Custodian for Fairview Cemetery Records
- Custodian of the Town Seal
- Maintain Official Records of the Town (Agendas, Contracts, Minutes, Ordinances and Resolutions)
- Prepare Minutes
- Prepare Official Correspondence, Letters and Proclamations
- Prepare Town Council Agendas
- Provide Notice of Council Meetings
Terms & Definitions
Agenda - The agenda is a printed list of legislative issues that the Town of Culpeper Town Council considers at its regular meeting.
Motion - A motion is the verbal means of a Council Member taking action on an issue. A motion must be seconded, voted upon, and approved by a majority of the Town Council to accomplish the action desired.
Ordinance - An ordinance becomes the local law of the Town of Culpeper if adopted by the Town Council and is included in the Town Code.
Quorum - Five members of the Town Council shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
Resolution - A resolution is a method of expressing the opinion or policy of the Town Council about matters of administration. Resolutions are less formal than ordinances.